At the beginning of each day, I write out my to-do list. Yes, this act is done with pen and paper, I know, I’m old school. But I really like the satisfaction of checking things off. Anyway, as I read over the list, I think how in the world am I going to get all this done! I need more TIME. The one word that our society throws gazillions of dollars at trying to attain. We all need and want more time.
If I could bottle up ‘time’ and sell it I would. Oh wait, in a sense, Lindsay and I do that! Did you know we cater?! What! Oh yes, delicious homemade foods that can be brought to you fresh and ready to go. Giving you more ‘time’ for other things.
These new products are all about helping you make specific recipes quickly and easily without a lot of fuss. When life is busy, which it always seems to be, having a few go-to recipes that you can rely on makes meal planning a whole heck of a lot easier.
As a gal who cooks with a lot of spices and seasonings, I was drawn to this Spice ‘n Easy concept. For starters, the packaging is fantastic! It lists the ingredients needed as well as has the recipe printed on the back. These products appeal to all types of cooks, enabling each of us foods that are full of flavors without a lot of time.
It is definitely chili weather here in Tennessee, which by the way I’m ready for spring if anyone asks. I was drawn to the Southwestern Chili con Carne Spice ‘n Easy package. It just sounds so yum! Now, I can’t seem to leave a recipe alone, and not make a few changes, so I added a few extras to the original. Which is the beauty of this product, you don’t have too. The dish will still be just as good if you leave it according to the package. If there isn’t a Savory Spice Shop near you, you can order online here. Otherwise, if you are local, pop in and have some fun in this fantastic store! Tell them B. Perdy sent ya! Happy eating!
Savory Spice Southwestern Chili
- 1 package of Savory Spice Southwestern Chili con Carne – Spice ‘n Easy mix
- 1 1/2 cups of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- In a medium size bowl, combine the beef broth with the Savory Spice Southwestern Chili con Carne seasoning package. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large stock pot, and brown the ground turkey and ground sirloin together. Once it has cooked through, remove from pot and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil in the large stock pot, and saute the onion, celery, peppers and garlic together until tender.
- Add tomatoes, juice of lime and the seasoned broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the black beans and turkey and sirloin mix into the pot.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with Colby jack cheese and tortilla chips.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Savory Spice Shop