Something has been in the air lately, that has kept me in a serious mood to eat. More so than normal, as it’s pretty obvious I enjoy some good food, but like I want to eat everything in sight. An insatiable appetite where I just can’t get full.
There is no denying I have splurged and enjoyed lots of treats lately, but there has also been a strong crave for healthy and nutritious foods too. So I’ve tried to think outside our normal weeknight menus, and incorporate a little more color onto our dinner plates. Since I love vegetables and friends with all of them, the idea for shrimp and tomato zucchini noodles (zoodles) was at the top of my list.
Each bite of this dish is refreshing, satisfying and most importantly, tasty! The roasted shrimp and tomatoes adds an extra flavor and is worth the work. Give it a try this week, let me know what you think! Happy eating!
Shrimp and Tomato Zucchini Noodles
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 pounds of shrimp, peeled and deveined (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth or white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 1/2 pounds of zucchini noodles (about 3 medium sized zucchini)
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Place shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon onion powder over shrimp. Roast for 8 minutes. Remove shrimp from pan and set to the side.
- Preheat oven to 425 and place the tomatoes on the baking sheet that the shrimp were roasted on. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, and saute onion slices and garlic in olive oil. Add the chicken broth/wine, lemon zest and juice, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 20 minutes to let the flavors combine.
- *Toss the zucchini noodles (zoodles) in and combine until they are completely covered with the lemon garlic sauce.
- Combine the shrimp and tomatoes into the zoodle mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Flavor with more salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve immediately.
*Be careful not to let the zoodles overcook as they can become mushy.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Well Plated by Erin