Couple of weeks ago, we celebrated my hubs turning 40! What?! The younger and wiser me, who is also not too far behind him, feels like we are just turning 30. Ha! So crazy how fast life is flying by, and seems to only go faster the older our kiddos get!
Since hubs was hitting a milestone bday, of course we had to have a party with lots of different desserts! Which one of those treats were vanilla cupcakes topped with cinnamon buttercream frosting. Adding cinnamon to a basic buttercream frosting completely enhanced the overall flavor and transformed it. This cinnamon frosting is a definite keeper! Happy eating!
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Beat the softened butter on high until it is smooth and creamy.
- On low speed, alternate adding the powdered sugar and heavy cream until mixed through.
- Pour the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and a pinch of kosher salt to batter.
- Mix until smooth and blended well.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction and Southern Living