My kids are slightly obsessed with making s’mores. One might think it is solely based upon the taste of those hot, caramelized, gooey delights, but honestly I think sometimes it is more about the process. The kids get so excited as they see their marshmallows become super toasty, right on the brink of being burnt. Such good times, stuffy our faces with marshmallows and chocolate bars. Big and small kid alike, it is so fun making s’mores!
The idea of a s’more in a pie is fantastic! I love all the players that go into a s’more to begin with, so this sounded fantastic! I have been making this pie for a couple of years and have found that the gluten-free version is just as delish as the regular way. It is a great dessert to share with friends and family even without the warm, simmering coals. Happy pie eating!
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour (Gluten-Free all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (Pamela’s Gluten-Free graham cracker crumbs)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 7 ounce container of Marshmallow Creme
- 8 whole (1.55 ounce bars) Hershey’s chocolate bars
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamed.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs and baking powder together.
- Gently add the flour mixture into the creamed mix.
- Divide the batter in half, and press one half into the prepared pie pan, on the bottom and up the sides.
- Evenly spread the Marshmallow Creme over the bottom crust.
- Spread the chocolate squares evenly over the Marshmallow Creme.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of marshmallows over the chocolate.
- With the remaining crust, gently pat sections of the remaining dough on top of and around the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of chocolate morsels on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven or until lightly browned.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe courtesy and adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod and Tasty Kitchen