Y’all stop what you are doing. I have a dessert that you literally MUST make as soon as possible! An ice cream sandwich turtle dessert is the perfect summertime treat to share with friends and family, if not just by yourself. The combination of ice cream sandwiches, toasted pecans, cool whip, caramel sauce and hot fudge is out of this world! I can’t express it, you just have to try it! Eeeek! I’m drooling just thinking about it. Happy eating!
Ice Cream Sandwich Turtle Dessert
- 16 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (12 ounce) jar of caramel sauce
- 1 1/4 cup of toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Hot fudge sauce
- Place 8 ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Spread the caramel sauce evenly over the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of chopped pecans over the caramel sauce.
- Top with remaining ice cream sandwiches.
- Spread whipped topping evenly over the sandwiches.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup pecans.
- Cover and freeze at least an hour.
- Serve with a drizzle of warm hot fudge sauce.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Southern Living