Years and years ago, hubs and I had the idea that HE would make dinner once a week. We didn’t have kids yet and both worked long hours. Well friends, it lasted only once (ha!) but none the less, he did it. We had steak and a Parmesan tomato squash bake as our side. It was delicious! I have no idea where he got his recipe for this yummy veggie medley, so this is a version of what we enjoyed that evening.
A simple dish that goes well with grilled and roasted meats of all kinds. This Parmesan tomato squash bake is full of flavors that complement each other. Healthy and light, perfect for warm summer nights. Happy eating!
Parmesan Tomato Squash Bake
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small/medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange the slices of squash, onion, tomato and zucchini stacked vertically, like dominos, in an alternating pattern.
- Season the top of the vegetables with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheeese over.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the veggies are tender.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie