It’s officially summer in my house, and this crew couldn’t be more excited! With the change in seasons, of course I’m thinking about summer foods. Rene’s coleslaw, is a Paula Deen number, and friends it is quite tasty! It is the perfect addition to any BBQ/cookout! Happy eating!
- 5 cups broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, white and green parts
- 1/2 cup chopped red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 heaping tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Squirt of regular mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the slaw, cranberries, raisins, green onions and bell peppers in a large bowl. Sprinkle salt and pepper to your tasting.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Right before serving, pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and add the almonds.
- Stir well.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen