Whatever the season, cinnamon bread always sounds good! The smells of cinnamon anything baking are so intoxicating, makes me hungry just thinking about it. Also it’s a kid winner in my house, where I can count on both of them to eat it. It is so funny what kids can be picky about (ha!). Make it for breakfast this week or to take to a new neighbor, which is what I’m planning on. Happy eating!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Mix together the 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, white sugar, brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Blend until mixed through.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and nutmeg.
- With the mixer on low, slowly alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures. Beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over the batter.
- Use a knife and swirl the cinnamon in.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top, and sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon mixture over the batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie