Celebrating people is one of my most favorite things to do! I love a reason to throw a party and make a cake. In the wise words of the fabulous Julia Child, “a party without cake is just a meeting”. So, we had a little party and we had a little cake, well actually lots of little mini cheesecakes.
Each creamy individual cheesecake has a crunchy graham cracker crust, a center of chocolate chip cookie dough and rich chocolate ganache is drizzled on top. I am slightly obsessed with chocolate chip cookie dough anything, so this recipe is right up my alley. I would recommend making these chocolate chip cheesecakes at least a day before you serve them to allow the flavors to mellow and blend. Somehow cheesecake only gets better that way. Happy eating!
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 3 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces of prepared chocolate chip cookie dough
For the Ganache:
- 4 ounces of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 muffin pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers, melted butter and sugar.
- Press 1-2 tablespoons of graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Once baked, transfer to a cooling rack and reduce the oven temperature to 325.
- In a medium size bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Mix in the sugar and continue to beat until well blended.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the heavy cream in and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into each of the individual prepared crusts.
- Nestle about 1 1/2 teaspoons of cookie dough into the center of each cheesecake.
- Bake at 325 for about 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for at least 4 hours, or overnight, before adding the ganache and serving.
- For the ganache, in a small saucepan over medium to low heat warm your heavy cream. Do not let it boil but get very hot.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl, and pour the hot heavy cream over. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Whisk the heavy cream and chocolate until smooth.
- Whisk in the honey, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the ganache on top of each cheesecake.
- Store the cheesecakes in the refrigerator.
Note: -I used Nestle chocolate chip cookie bar dough for my chocolate chip centers. I just took one of the squares of dough from the package and broke it in half.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction