Friends, my hubs is obsessed with any type of Asian food out there. He does not discriminate!! Serious business around here. When a B. Perdy fave, Julia Stevens, raved about a recipe her family enjoys called egg roll in a bowl, I had to give it a shot. The name alone is quite intriguing just as is. This fresh and healthy spin on a classic egg roll is great. So full of flavor, it is sure to be a family favorite! Happy Eating!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 6 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 cups of carrots, shredded
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add the sausage.
- Drizzle about one tablespoon of olive oil over the sausage while it cooks.
- Cook sausage until browned and crumbly. Do not drain.
- Add the veggies, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, a little more olive oil and soy sauce.
- Cook until veggies are tender.
- Taste the mixture and if need to, add more seasoning.
- Serve with rice.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Buns in My Oven