My kids love waffles and were thrilled when they heard that was on the menu for breakfast. An easy and kid approved recipe is a win for me! Something great to serve on those busy weekday mornings, yet also a perfect way to start a fun filled weekend morning.
My favorite way to enjoy this recipe, is pouring a delicious blueberry sauce over the waffles. Oh. My. Gracious. Happy waffle eating!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Stir in the warm milk, butter and vanilla into the eggs. Beat until well blended.
- Ladle the batter into the preheated waffle iron.
- Cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from All Recipes