A great meal to enjoy with friends or have on a busy weeknight is this lentils and kale soup. It is easy and full of delicious flavors, one that a dinner party would enjoy. Our dear friend Christa Gonzales always loves to share a big pot of this with friends and family. This delicious soup is for sure one you will enjoy amongst your favorite people! Enjoy!
Lentils and Kale Soup
- 1 pound Andouille sausage, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bag of dried lentils, wash and drain
- 6-8 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- salt and pepper
- Saute sausage in one tablespoon olive oil in large pot over medium high heat, until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic to the pot and drizzle more olive oil while it cooks till the veggies are tender.
- Stir the sausage back into the mixture.
- Add the lentils, and enough chicken broth till the mixture is covered.
- Stir in the kale.
- Sprinkle enough salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once it has come to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie