A garlic parmesan spaghetti squash recipe is straight from the kitchen of one of our favorites! Julia Steven’s shares a dish that won’t disappoint. Hot and cheesy and GLUTEN FREE! It is amazing and we certainly enjoyed it paired with my roasted chicken. Have for dinner this week, you will be glad you did!
Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup cream (like half n half)
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle olive oil on the inside of the squash and place face down on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash roasts, start the sauce.
- In a medium size pot or skillet, saute the garlic in a little olive oil until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add the cream, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Once the squash has finished roasting, allow it to cool slightly, and use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash.
- Pour your sauce over the squash boat, stir to mix and top with mozzarella cheese and additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly and slightly browned.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe adapted from Peas and Crayons