In honor of pi(e) day this past week I had to make a pie. I mean I just HAD to. It was my duty right?! So I did, I made a pie. I was going to share it right away, but I couldn’t stop eating it. It’s rather ridiculous, but try this pie and you will see what I’m talking about.
This chocolate chip pie is hard to describe all of its deliciousness. I LOVE chocolate chip cookies, and this pie is basically just one large chocolate chip cookie in pie form. It is incredible to devour at any time, warm and gooey with ice cream melting on top or cool and at room temperature like for breakfast. Pie and coffee do go hand in hand. Ha!
Chocolate Chip Pie
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs on high-speed until foamy.
- Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack or serve slightly warmed. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe courtesy from Our Best Bites