Do you have dinner plans tonight? Well you do now. These honey lime chicken enchiladas need to be on your menu asap. They are incredible! Thank you Natasha Stoneking, lifestyle blogger of Hello Happiness and owner of children’s boutique Sugar Bit, for this recipe. It is a keeper!
Most food is well received and enjoyed in our house. This past weekend, a group of friends and I were laughing, actually as we were eating these delish enchiladas, about how I literally like all kinds of food. I don’t think there is anything out there I don’t enjoy to eat. Yep, no denying the love and excitement I have for food. As I say to my kids when I’m trying to get them to taste something new, “I won’t steer you wrong when it comes to food”, and friends, same goes for you with this number. You can thank me later. Happy eating!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (16 ounce) jar of green verde enchilada sauce
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Let cool some and shred chicken. Add to a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with pam.
- Whisk honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder together.
- Pour over the shredded chicken.
- Pour 1/2 cup of green verde sauce in the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Place a few tablespoons of chicken mixture and cheese on each tortilla, and roll it tight. Place each tortilla seam side down in the baking dish.
- Mix remaining green verde enchilada sauce with sour cream.
- Pour sour cream mixture over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and a little salt over the top.
- Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie