It is no surprise that I have this “thing” for pumpkin. Last fall, I was like a woman on a mission trying to consume as much pumpkin items possible. There is something about it, I don’t know what, that I was crazy over. I came across this pumpkin bread recipe from My Baking Addiction (MBA), and still my family cannot get enough. Yes, I know it is February and completely not the season but whatever. It’s that good!
There is nothing like pumpkin bread the day it is baked…warm and straight from the oven. Yum!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour 8.5 x 4 x 2.5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla and sugar until well blended with an electric mixer.
- In an large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice until well combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture just until it is combined. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy! XO, Carrie
Recipe courtesy My Baking Addiction