Kindness can change anything so why not throw it around like confetti! February 12th till the 18th is National Random Acts of Kindness Week. Do you remember a time when someone gave you a compliment that put a pep in your step that day, someone brought you a loaf of bread just because or sent you a card just to say hi. Those little moments can turn anyone’s day around. As Bob Kerrey said “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change”.
To celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week we wanted to share with you some of our favorite ways to show others kindness. As Mother Teresa once said “do small things with great love”.
- Pay for someone’s order behind you in the drive thru.
- Make your favorite baked item and take it to a friend.
- Give a compliment to a stranger.
- Watch a friend’s kid(s).
- Take a teacher their favorite treat.
- Take a meal to a neighbor.
- Take cookies to your local nursing home or fire station.
- Send a card to a friend.
- Send a friend a box full of yellow items and call it a “happiness” box.
- Take magazines to the hospital and let a nurse deliver them to a patient in need.
- Take your local animal shelter a few pet toys for the animals.
- Send an encouraging text to a friend that you know has been having a hard time.
- Ask someone about their day.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Leave a note in your kids lunch box.
- Take flowers to a friend.
- Let someone go ahead of you in line at the store.
- Surprise your kids at school to have lunch with them.
How do you like to show kindness? Make someone else’s day beautiful by being kind.